You’ve probably seen or heard about RF, especially with the lot of clinics and aesthetics centers promoting its slimming and skin tightening benefits. They do this procedure for the arms, the belly area, the legs, and even the face to get that #snatched jaw.
But what exactly is an RF procedure and how does it work? Allow us to walk you through everything you need to know.
First things first, what does RF stand for?
RF stands for radiofrequency and this technology has become a popular non-invasive way to tighten the skin and slim down the body. This new method uses controlled radiofrequency energy to increase collagen production, make the skin more flexible, and get rid of fat buildup in specific areas.
So, how does RF work?
RF devices use electromagnetic waves with frequencies ranging from 1 to 3 GHz. These waves are not ionizing, which means that they don't hurt DNA or cells. The RF energy is sent to the skin through wires or applicators that are put on the surface of the skin.
When the RF energy is used, it goes through the skin and into the cells below. Unlike other forms of energy, such as lasers, RF energy can penetrate deeper into the skin without damaging the surface layers.
When RF treatments heat the skin in a controlled way, it starts a chain reaction of biological responses. One key effect is the stimulation of fibroblast cells, which are responsible for producing collagen, elastin, and other important components of the extracellular matrix. Hence, these treatments help the body produce new collagen, making the skin tighter and more elastic.
What are the benefits of RF treatments?
RF treatments are known to provide a ton of skin benefits, including the following:
- Skin tightening, because RF treatments drive the skin to produce more collagen, which makes the skin firmer and more elastic. This can help reduce the appearance of sagging or loose skin, particularly on the face, neck, and body.
- Wrinkle reduction, because the heat that RF energy creates can help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. By stimulating collagen and elastin production, RF treatments can help minimize the signs of aging and improve overall skin texture.
- Cellulite reduction, because RF targets the fat deposits under the skin and tightens the skin.
- Skin rejuvenation, because RF energy can help skin cells grow back and improve the tone and structure of the skin as a whole. It also aids in getting rid of the appearance of sun damage, redness, and acne scars, making your skin look younger and healthier.
What’s more is that since RF treatments are non-invasive procedures, they’re generally regarded to be safe, comfortable, and require little to no downtime. You’ll be up and about right after your session!
How long does RF treatment last?
According to Levy Dermatology, RF skin tightening treatments should last longer than 12 months with proper care and upkeep. Depending on how often treatments are done, effects from treatments that go on over time can often last much longer.
How often should I get RF treatment?
The suggested frequency of RF treatments depends on a number of things, such as the specific treatment method, the person's skin condition, and the results they want. It’s important to talk to a skilled doctor or dermatologist who can look at your skin and give you personalized advice.
Generally, initial RF treatments are done over a number of sessions. The first treatment plan may involve a few weeks between each visit. This makes it possible for collagen to change and for the skin to look better over time.
After completing the initial treatment series, maintenance sessions are often recommended to sustain and enhance the results. But, the number of maintenance sessions can change based on the wants and goals of each person. It could be anywhere from once or twice a year to every few months.
What should I avoid after RF treatment?
It's important to take good care of your skin after RF treatments to get the best benefits and the fewest possible side effects. A few general reminders include:
- Avoiding excessive sun exposure
- Refraining from using harsh or abrasive skincare products like exfoliants and chemical peels immediately
- Avoiding touching, picking, or scratching the treated area because it can slow down the healing process and make you more likely to get an infection or scar
Are RF treatments really effective?
It's important to remember that the results and effectiveness of RF treatments can vary from person to person, based on things like skin type, the area being treated, and the device or method used.
If you want to know if RF treatments are right for your needs and goals, it's best to talk to a qualified healthcare worker or dermatologist.
How much do RF treatments cost in the Philippines?
RF treatments can cost a lot more or less, based on where they are done, who does them, what kind of RF technology is used, how big the treatment area is, and how many sessions are needed.
RF on larger body surface areas, such as the stomach or back, can set you back upwards of thousands of pesos, while RF on the face or smaller areas can cost relatively lower.
Here’s a beauty hack for you, though, Bestie! If you browse through Parlon, you’ll find amazing RF deals for as low as P850 per session! Super sulit!
Discover, book, and buy more incredible beauty and wellness deals from Parlon. Keep in touch with us, too, on Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok.